Hawaii’s first cyclovia was held on August 26, 2012, in Kailua to encourage families to become more physically active and promote biking as a means of travel. Approximately 300 people were in attendance. The event kicked off with a 5k run followed by escorted bike rides, which provided inexperienced riders the opportunity to practice riding in a group with others.
- Cycle On Runway spotlighting local bike shops and clubs
- Bike maintenance and helmet and bike fit demonstrations
- Zumba, Boot Camp and Yoga
- Special visit by Gary Toth, national expert on healthy and active transportation
- Information booths and wellness tests
- Children’s games
- Food and entertainment